- To start a club on Clubhouse, go to your profile page and tap on the “Create Club” option.
- You must give your club a name and choose whether it is public or invite-only.
- Once you have formed your club, you can schedule events for other Clubhouse users to attend.
- Check out Insider’s tech reference library for more stories.
Clubhouse encourages users to participate in public chats on any topic that interests them. The main feed page contains dozens of rooms, most of which have dozens of listeners and speakers at any one time.
But if you want to keep your clubhouse chats a little more exclusive, you’re in luck. That’s what clubs are for.
Clubs are a special feature of Clubhouse that allows multiple people to come together to schedule and host chats. Your club can have its own name and icon, and a list of topics and rules. If you’re the leader of an organization or group, clubs are a great way to make yourself stand out in the app.
It won’t take long to create your first club. Here’s how to do it.
How do I create a club on Clubhouse?
Anyone can form a club and you can belong to an unlimited number of clubs.
1. Open Clubhouse and tap your profile picture in the upper right corner.
2. Scroll down to member of section and tap Create a club.
3. A page will appear where you can enter all the basic information about your club. You don’t have to give it a picture or a description, but you do have to choose a name, whether it’s public or invitation-only, and whether chat rooms can be started by any member or only “leaders”. You should also choose a few “topics” that your group will focus on.
When you’re done, tap Create top right.
4. The app will prompt you to invite members immediately. Send your invitations from the recommended members list or by sharing a direct link, then tap Done.
How to manage your club
You will be redirected to your club’s homepage. Here you can schedule a chat or invite and delete members.
Scroll to the bottom of your club’s home page to find a list of all club members. You can tap the little title next to their name to choose if it’s one member, leader (can start chat rooms and schedule events), or Administrator (chooses leader and can edit any club setting). You can also type Remove from club throw them out.
When you type the gear icon In the upper right corner you will find more options to customize the club. Notable here is the Edit club rules Option – tap this and you can write and save up to three rules for everyone who joins your club and chat rooms.
When planning an upcoming event, you can choose what it will be about and whether it will be public or exclusive to club members. By default, everyone in the club will receive a notification once the event starts.
And no matter who participates in your club’s chats, they’ll always see the club’s name at the top of the screen while they’re listening.
If you later decide you want to leave or delete your club, tap on it gear icon back in the corner. You will see them leave the club and Delete club Options at the bottom of the pop-up menu.