- You can turn off Twitter Space notifications through the Settings & Privacy menu.
- By default, Twitter sends you a notification when someone you follow starts or speaks in a space.
- Both the Twitter app and website can send Space notifications, so you’ll need to turn them off in both places.
- Check out Insider’s tech reference library for more stories.
When apps like Twitter release a new feature, they want to boost the feature by sending everyone endless notifications about it. The latest example of this comes from Twitter Spaces, their take on live audio chat rooms.
Everyone has Twitter Space notifications turned on by default, so you get pinged when someone you follow speaks in one. If you follow a lot of people, this can mean multiple pings a day.
Luckily, you can turn off Space notifications on both the mobile app and the website. Here’s how to do both.
How to turn off Twitter Space notifications on your phone
The majority of the Space notifications you see are probably on your phone and come from the Twitter mobile app. To turn them off, use the app’s Settings & Privacy menu.
1. Open the Twitter app and tap your profile picture in the top left corner, then scroll down to select Settings and Privacy.
2. tap notificationsthen settingsand then finally announcements.
3. Scroll down to From Twitter section and turn the off spaces Possibility.
You can also turn off any other notifications you don’t want on this page.
How to turn off Space notifications on your computer
If you have Twitter notifications enabled in your computer’s web browser, you may also see Space notifications there. It doesn’t take much more work to turn them off.
1. Go to the Twitter website and click More in the left sidebar, then select Settings and Privacy from the menu that appears.
2. Click like in the mobile app notificationsthen settingsand then announcements.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and uncheck the box labeled spaces.
On this page you can control all notifications from Twitter. You can also turn off each notification at once by turning them off announcements at the top of the page.